Event Logistics Manager
Are you passionate about event planning? Do you have a keen attention to detail? Are you practically a professional multi-tasker because you’re always on the move and handling so many things at once?
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who can “roll-up” their sleeves and assist with the behind the scenes, pre-production logistics of an event. If any of the above resonates with you, then you could be the next great addition to our winning event management team.
National Conference Services, Inc. (NCSI) located in Columbia, Maryland, is actively seeking an entry–level Event Logistics Manager that will contribute to our growth and success. Our company culture and family environment draws some of the most highly motivated, competitive, and logistically organized people in the industry. NCSI makes it possible to enjoy your job, travel, and make lifelong mentors and friends, all while offering the opportunity to have a direct impact on our small business. We cater to some of the largest defense and intelligence agencies in the government and we take pride in being able to offer the best service from an incredible team of people. Our event staff plan, market, and produce over 85 on-site tabletop Technology Expositions all over the United States and Europe each year.
Want to learn more?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all communications with industry clients
- Assist Event Managers with on-site promotions and event day logistics as needed (travel required)
- Create a print publication (Exhibitor Program) for every event using Adobe InDesign
- Produce paperwork & other materials for each event (Name Badges, Table Tents, Sign-In Sheets, etc.) and oversee post-event processing of these items
- Enter sales and data into company database daily and compile weekly reports
- Track inventory and order additional supplies as needed
- Generate and maintain division calendar of important dates, deadlines, etc.
- Generate post-event wrap-up memos for distribution to management
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA degree
- Demonstrated work ethic
- Proven customer service skills
- Professional, highly motivated self-starter that is skilled at networking and relationship building
- Attention to detail, execution and follow through
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Travel is required up to 40% of the year both domestic and abroad, which will include some weekends
- Valid driver’s license
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- U.S. citizenship
Our most successful employees are action oriented with a passion for event planning and/or sales. If you thrive in fast-paced environments and enjoy working with a team then please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.