Event Marketing Manager
Are you the mover and shaker in your network who organizes social activities? Do you see yourself as an extrovert that has the natural ability of influencing others? Are you practically a professional multi-tasker because you’re always on the move and handling so many things at once?
If any of the above resonates with you, then you could be the next great addition to our winning event management team.
National Conference Services, Inc. (NCSI) located in Columbia, Maryland, is actively seeking an entry–level Event Manager that will contribute to our growth and success. Our company culture and family environment draws some of the most highly motivated, competitive, and logistically organized people in the industry. With a great work/life balance, NCSI makes it possible to enjoy your job, travel, and make lifelong mentors and friends, all while offering the opportunity to have a direct impact on our small business. We cater to some of the largest defense and intelligence agencies in the government and we take pride in being able to offer the best service from an incredible team of people. Our event staff plan, market, and produce over 85 on-site tabletop Technology Expositions all over the United States and Europe.
Want to learn more?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce, market, and execute 20+ on-site tabletop technology expositions a year
- Develop and maintain relationships with government clients
- Prospect and develop new business
- Prepare promotional and marketing materials for each event including flyers, posters, invitations and banners
- Secure space, organize catering, and facility needs for each event
- Market and promote each event, including meetings with leadership and advertising on the installation(s)
- Promote attendance through effective marketing calls
- Oversee logistics on event day including set-up/breakdown, registration, facilitation of the senior leadership tour, and all customer service needs
- Accountable for meeting and exceeding goals in relation to event attendance, event rebooking, and overall team expectations
- BS/BA degree
- Demonstrated work ethic
- Proven customer service skills
- Professional, highly motivated self-starter that is skilled at networking and relationship building
- Attention to detail, execution and follow through
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Travel is required up to 60% of the year both domestic and abroad, which will include some weekends
- Valid driver’s license
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- U.S. citizenship
Our most successful employees are action oriented with a passion for event planning and/or sales. If you thrive in fast-paced environments and enjoy working with a team then please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.